E.L.F Studio Stipple Brush

5:45 PM

So yesterday, I decided to buy my first makeup brush ever! I choose E.L.F's stipple brush because I read so many good reviews about like here. I choose the stipple brush since it is good for liquid foundations and I thought this would be great for my BB cream. This stipple brush is sold $3 online so I thought it is only P150.00 in local stores but girl, I was wrong! Haha! It cost P249.75 and I bought it in SM Department store. I was about to buy the cheaper brush from e.l.f too but the SA said that this stipple brush is better since it can be used for dry or liquid foundations, blush, etc. I asked her how to clean the brush and she said I should use a shampoo. I asked her again if I can use facial wash to clean the brush and she said no.



What is written on the back:

This taklon brush can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this e.l.f studio brush.
Creates a flawless airbrushed look.
Perfect for adding definition to cheekbone or highlighting with soft layers.
Use with any face product such as foundation powder, blus, etc to build your coverage from sheer to heavy. 
Directions:
The stipple brush has a unique two layer bristle design to pick up two layers of product to disperse on skin for ultimate control and preferred finish. Use with desired face product and dab color in a "stippling" motion onto the skinn for concentrated color or blend in all over for a beautiful sheer and smooth coverage.

 What Website Claims:
This new antibacterial, synthetic haired Taklon brush is softer and more absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this e.l.f. Studio brush! 

The layered bristles create a soft airbrushed look that's perfect for applying foundation or adding color definition to cheekbones or highlighting with soft layers. Use this brush with any liquid or powder face product such as foundation, blush or bronzer to build your coverage from sheer to heavy.
Let's take a look at my new brush! 

as you can see, it has a black ferrule. The handle is perfect! Not too short and not too long. I don't know if the handle is made of wood or plastick. I think it's wood. I'll take a look at it later ^_^

it comes with a plastic cover to protect the brush from dirt and to keep the shape of the brush

it has very soft bristles



I already used it this morning with my Skin Food Good Afternoon Peach Green Tea BB cream. Since it is my first time, I watched some YouTube videos on how use stippling brush and one of the great video I encountered is this. So what I did was to put the BB cream on the back of my hand then I did the "stipple" strokes. HAHA ^_^ I don't know if it is just me or the brush but I am  finding it hard to get the cream. HAHA! I can't get the cream evenly. I like the "stippling sensation" I get when I dab the brush onto my face! ^_^ Since I am a newbie, I cleaned the brush right after my application. Do you think it is okay to wash the brush after every use? Please comment below please. I really don't know what to do. 



I also noticed that as I placed my BB cream on the back of my hand, my skin is absorbing it so fast that only few products is left for me to use.  Because I should dip, dip, dip, dip, dab, dab, dab the brush on the cream, the cream started to spread out and absorbed by my skin again. So what I did is placed the BB cream onto my palms now, but no use. My skin is faster in absorbing the cream than the brush getting the product. It really is a waste of BB cream. =( Me don’t like it. I wish I have a petri dish just like the in the video above.

I washed the brush using my Etude House Happy Tea Time Lemon Tea Cleansing Foam. What I did was to get a dipper then place a small amount of water then placed a small amount of my facial cleanser. Then I dipped the brush and swirl...swirl...swirl. After that, I looked at my brush and it is still stained with the cream I used. I decided to place a small amount of my facial cleanser onto my palm then dipped the brush on the facial wash. After the brush get enough facial cleanser, I rolled it onto my fingers. ^_^ HAHA! It's so hard to explain. Maybe I'll try to demo it sooner! ^_^ Then after that, I rinse the brush with a running water and voila! It is good and clean like it is brandnew again! And it smells nice too!. 

So yeah, that's it! I can't really tell if there is this "shedding" thingy or "bleeding" since I don't know what those two words are. All I know is shedding somewhat means fall off of the hair from the ferrule. Bleeding? I don't know what it is. It is dense enough I think. Sorry I'm really new makeup brushes! ^_^

The main point of this post is to tell you guys that I super love this brush! It is the cheapest stippling brush I found. Good thing I didn't bought the one from Etude House which is double the price of this baby. 

Overall Rate: 
I am having a hard getting the product! That's all. Maybe the problem is me! ^_^

PS: Please answer my questions please! And yeah, the liking of photo in Skinfood Philippines already started. So can you help me too by liking this. Thank you so much!

Disclaimer: I purchase this product with my own money. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I can't wait to try this brush out.

    Jodie x
    www.retrococktail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook




Flickr Images